Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Its not all about megapixels

Whilst I'm keen to get my hands on a 5MP camera-phone, I'm always keen to know more about the usability of cameras on new phones before getting rid of my old phone.
For me the camera on a phone is quite an important feature. I use it quite a lot, mainly to take snaps of my kids.
The dilemma I have though is that although its nice to have those extra megapixels I really need a camera that works quickly. I need to be able to pull it out of my pocket and take a pic within a couple of seconds. Phones that take time to load up the camera app and then have a shutter lag are just no good.
I've recently got rid of my old Samsung D900 which had a 3MP camera and got a Sony Ericsson W850i instead with 2MP instead. The Samsung just took forever to take a pic and by the time it had my daughter had generally moved from doing whatever funny thing she was doing.
The SE is super-fast and feels great when taking a pic. You can whip it out of your pocket and take a great pic in about 3 seconds.
So....I'm looking forward to seeing if the N95 scores in the usability department as well as in the megapixels department.

1 Comments:

At 10:11 am, Blogger A-Ge0 said...

i agree, this is very important

 

Post a Comment

<< Home